I’ve heard of gratitude lists before and even gratitude journals. Apparently, successful people wake up every morning and write in their journals what they are grateful for. I had been planning to write a gratitude list today, but it just so happens I’m feeling really shitty about something. No one but myself to blame for the consequences. Hopefully, doing this will make me feel a bit better.
- I have family who I can call and will support me without judgement.
- My job is renewing my contract for another year.
- I have two dogs that love and care about me.
- I have a fantastic support group of women I can contact whenever I’m having a hard time.
- I’m able to live and lead the life I choose.
- I work in an environment that allows me to creative and is happy that I’m there.
- I don’t currently have any major health problems.
- There are people in my community who are happy to see me.
- I have the respect of my students.
- I’m in a position in life where I can fix my fuck-ups.
Okay, that was actually more difficult than I expected. I kind of got stuck after 6 and I was tearing up towards the end. Do I feel better? Yes. Did the reality of my problem go away? No. However, I feel like when I tell myself that it’s going to be okay, I believe it a bit more.